About Mystx Travel Program
The mission of the Mystx Travel team program is to provide age appropriate skills development and a competitive youth hockey experience for motivated players in the Southeastern Pennsylvania/Bucks County area. Our club emphasizes a high level of individual skill, team play and sportsmanship. Age appropriate training with quality coaching is fundamental to developing a quality experience for all participants. The Travel Program’s philosophy is to achieve success in areas of player development and team development.
Participation in our Club Program at the U14, U12, U10, U8 and younger ages welcomes players of all abilities to develop a love for the game and the foundation of skills necessary to advance to our travel program if so desired.
Participation in our Indoor Travel Programs for ages U14, U16, and U19 is determined by competitive tryouts with players being placed on teams according to their ability. Travel Program Tryouts for ages U14-U19 are held once each year. This year in June and August. Dates and times are posted on this website and emailed to past registered players. Players can be added at times throughout the year if they have moved into the area, if there is an opening, and if they are competitive players. All selected players MUST become members of the Mystx FH Club and USA Field Hockey. www.usafieldhockey.com under membership.
Our goal is to provide every single travel player with an opportunity to grow as a player and athlete and to grow a love and appreciation for the game that carries beyond their years as Mystx FHC members. Every single player.
Our Club currently offers these levels of play and competition for Mystx Club participants:
- Individuals - Private or small group training, year round scheduled directly with instructors.
- Travel Teams - indoor Hockey - U14-U19 teams Late Nov/Early December - approx early March
- Club Teams - Indoor Hockey - Indoor teams U8-U16 approx Dec thru the end of Feb. Identical training as with travel teams but designed to train players new to indoor or moving up an age group an opportunity to learn the skills and tactics and prepare them for indoor travel, indoor travel at the next level, and develop and properly learn the indoor game. Players who accelerate on club teams have opportunities to be moved to Travel teams pending evaluation by club and travel coaches. Players develop and grow at different rates that affects performance. Development is not a sprint, it is a process. Our club teams are an important part of filling this gap so players can have an opportunity to continue their development.
- Spring Training - Weekly spring training on turf. Late Mar- Jun. U14-U19 OPEN to ALL players.
- 7v7 Tournaments - sign up and play at various college programs
- Select Travel Team Turf Training - additional to the Spring Training. Select U14, U16, and U19 teams prepare for Regional Club Qualifiers toward qualification for the National Club Championships in July.
- GK Training - with our GK coach. Dec - Mar, than by appointment with GK coach
- Mystx Summer Camp - Aug. Train with coaches who will prepare you for you fall season. Selections for Festival and Disney are made here.
For more information on Mystx Travel teams, please contact Tina Reinprecht.
Missed our scheduled tryouts this year? .... contact Tina to schedule. The $45 tryout fee still applies and you must fill out and bring the tryout form along with payment to the tryout session.